You should see a music assignment come home this week. This assignment was a song transcription of the song “Here we sit”. We used this song to study the minor third interval of mi and sol. Students were asked to write down the solfege, sing it for Mr. Weller, then transfer the pitches and rhythms to the staff.
Before you sign the paper, please have your child:
– clap & say the rhythm with rhythm language (du & du-day)
– name the notes (quarter note, 8th notes)
– sing the song with solfege
– sing the song with English words
– make sure all the work looks complete.
If you have any questions, please let me know. I have attached the assignment to this email in case you don’t see it come home or you would like extra practice for your child.